Over the last several years, the Federal government has been setting aside government contracts for small businesses owned by women. The requirements to become a Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) are simple:
- The business must be 51% controlled by one or more women and primarily managed by women.
- The women must be U.S. Citizens.
- The business must be “small” under the requirements of SBA.
Woman-owned small businesses have grown substantially. According to Fundera:
- The U.S. has 12.3 million women-owned businesses.
- S. women-owned businesses generate $1.8 trillion a year.
- 64% of new women-owned businesses were started by women of color last year.
- Latina women-owned businesses grew more than 87%.
- Private tech companies led by women achieve 35% higher ROI.
- Women-owned businesses added half a million jobs between 1997 and 2007.
We do not see women-owned business growth slowing down. As it continues to grow, opportunities continue to grow. Let’s look at three benefits of obtaining the WOSB certification.
- You will have access to federal, state, and local opportunities that are exclusive to WOSB-certified businesses.
- Connect with buyers who need to reach their 5% initiative for Federal subcontracting.
- Government agencies buy all kinds of goods and services from WOSB.
BC2Match was built to help your woman owned small business find unique WOSB government contract opportunities and connect with other government contractors to build teams. There are so many opportunities, and some may get overlooked as you try to manually sift through them. That is why our “Intelligent Matching” does the sifting for you, finding and rating eligible opportunities based on your criteria. With our easy-to-use dashboard and notification system, opportunities are delivered to you so you can make a decision quickly.
Start your free 30-day trial and see the opportunities today. We use 12 criteria to match you with available contracts including your certification. Go to www.bc2match.com/limited-time-offer.