A new release of one of the Government-Wide Acquisition Contracts (GWACs) for IT and other professional services was due to hit the streets last month, but is still at least a couple of weeks away, according to GSA. Extensive industry comments have been digested by GSA’s acquisition staff. In particular, some revisions were made to the evaluation process and evaluation criteria.
GSA held a virtual industry day on March 15 that was attended by 2,700 representatives of potential contractors and the federal contracting community. This level of interest validates the importance of these large-scale indefinite delivery-indefinite quantity (ID/IQ) contracts in your government sales efforts.
All federal agencies can, and do, use GWACS for purchasing products and services. The coming solicitation, called OASIS+, is the next version of professional services contracts originally awarded in 2015. Awards were made to multiple contractors, establishing terms and conditions and pricing for contracts with ten-year lives. Over 740 companies were awarded contracts, with 599 of them specifically for small businesses.
OASIS is just one category of the 26 categories of GWACs. Others that are well-known include NASA’s SEWP, NIH’s CIO-SP, 8(a) STARS, GSA Alliant, VETS, and others, as well as GSA Multiple-Award Schedules.
How does this affect you and your business? Individual projects or buys through a GWAC contract are not publicized in SAM, and are circulated only among a limited set of those contractors who have been awarded one of the coveted multi-year contracts.
How do you use BC2Match to gain a foothold in the GWAC marketplace?
- Be watching BC2Match’s daily alerts and your Federal dashboard to be notified as soon as the RFP is posted.
- Check your profile to be sure you have the appropriate NAICS code in your profile. OASIS was awarded with varying NAICS codes for each Pool of services. RFPs are listed in SAM with only one assigned NAICS code so make sure your profile is set up properly.
- Put OASIS in your Keywords. This will bring the solicitation announcement to the top of your Dashboard.
- Review the draft statements of work that have already been posted on SAM.gov and determine where your company might be weak. Then use BC2Match’s Build My Team function to find and engage with potential partners who can bulk up your qualifications before the final version of the RFP even hits the street.
- Worried that you don’t have a chance on such a procurement? Then find a prime to team with so that you can earn some valuable past performance credits as part of that team. Once again, BC2Match’s Build My Team function can help you find a prime, but also our unique Team Dashboard will display other members who are looking for a sub with your qualifications.
To see BC2Match in action, register at https://bit.ly/3M1CEZ9 for our weekly webinar at noon on Thursdays, or Schedule a Demo on our home page. Try us free for 7 days. It only takes 1 win of $40K, $400K, or $4M to be a BC2Match winner! We look forward to seeing you at www.BC2match.com.